Here’s a great upcoming event. Lisacast is going. Hope to see you there!
SQL Saturday Silicon Valley with Ross Mistry (Microsoft) and Mark Ginnebaugh (DesignMind)
February 23rd, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Microsoft Technology Center, 1065 La Avenida, Building 1, Mountain View, CA, 94043
The largest Bay Area SQL Server event is here again! SQL Saturday sessions include SQL Server 2012, DBA, Development, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. A great post-event networking reception includes raffle prizes! Even better, the event only charges a $10 lunch fee.
- Angel Abundez, DesignMind
- Kevin Boles
- Carlos Bossy, Quanta Intelligence
- Mitchell Bottel, Innovative IT Consulting
- William Brown, Microsoft
- Dan Bulos, Symmetry Corporation
- Denny Cherry
- Rob Farley, LobsterPot Solutions
- Argenis Fernandez, Microsoft
- Grant Fritchey, Red Gate
- Mark Ginnebaugh, DesignMind
- Janis Griffin, Confio
- Mark Gschwind, DesignMind
- Allan Hirt, SQLHA
- Jason Horner
- Phil Hummel, EMC
- Rob Kerr, Blue Granite
- Scott Klein, Microsoft
- Kevin Kline, SQLSentry
- Randy Knight, SQL Solutions Group
- Julie Koesmarno, LobsterPot Solutions
- Ami Levin, SolidQ
- Denise McInerney, Intuit
- Joy Mundy, Kimball Group
- Dilip Nayak, CUDirect Corporation
- Aaron Nelson
- Joe Sack, SQLskills
- Chris Shaw, Xtivia
- Pat Sinthusan, NetApp
- Mickey Steuwe
- Mark Tabladillo, Mark Tab Consulting
- Joseph Vertido, Melissa Data
- Eddie Wuerch, ExactTarget
- Wenming Ye, Microsoft
Also, join one of two $149 all-day, pre-conference trainings February 22nd Database Configuration and Tuning with Kevin Kline or Introduction to SQL Server Data Mining with Mark Tabladollo
Real World Database Configuration and Tuning
Speaker: Kevin Kline, SQL Server MVP and Director of Engineering at SQL Sentry
This multi-module full day seminar covers best practices for database and application design and configuration, implementation, maintenance and performance tuning.
This session has a special focus on IT organizations with large SQL Server deployments.
– Bare metal tuning of server and disk configuration
– Benchmarking performance
– Physical machine versus virtual machine deployment
– Database conceptual design and normalization through to physical deployment of databases, indexing and partitioning
– Understanding SQL Server query performance
– Identifying performance bottlenecks and resolving performance issues
– Automating as much as possible so that life gets easier!
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of SQL Server architecture and administration.
Kevin Kline has been a Microsoft SQL Server MVP since 2004 and is a noted leader in the SQL Server industry. His product designs have won multiple “Best of TechEd” and “Readers’ Choice” awards. He is a founding board member and former president of PASS – The Professional Association for SQL Server. He has written or co-written eleven books including the best-selling SQL in a Nutshell. Kevin contributes monthly columns to SQL Server Pro and DBTA magazines. Kevin is also a top-rated speaker at conferences worldwide such as Microsoft TechEd, the PASS Summit, DevTeach, Oracle OpenWorld, and SQL Connections. He tweets via @kekline and blogs at KevinEKline.com.
Introduction to SQL Server Data Mining
Speaker: Mark Tabladillo, Ph.D and SQL Server MVP
QL Server 2012 provides enterprise-level data mining technology, ranging from supporting individual analysts through scalable server solutions. You will see some of the elements of SQL Server Data Mining from the Excel add-in to full-scale production examples implemented by Microsoft Business Intelligence technology.
Mark will explain data mining in a scientifically accurate way while making the technology practically accessible and even fun. This course is appropriate for people new to data mining technology. However, feel free to bring your more advanced challenges and questions too.
– Provide a fundamental scientific framework for data mining
– Demonstrate the technology with the fundamental Microsoft data mining interfaces
– Offer practical advice in moving from desktop analysis to enterprise-level deployment
– SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services (Multidimensional)
– Office 2013 x64 (Excel and Visio) with Data Mining Add-In
– SQL Server 2012 Integration Services
– SQL Server Management Studio
– SQL Server Data Tools
Mark Tabladillo is a SAS expert, Ph.D, and Microsoft MVP. He helps teams become more confident in making actionable business decisions with the use of data mining and analytics. Mark provides training and consulting for companies in United States and around the world. He also teaches part-time with the University of Phoenix, and supervised a dissertation with a graduate student living in Canada.
Contact URL: http://marktab.net/datamining